4.8.09

Appreciating The Depreciation Guild


The Depreciation Guild manufactures fuzzed out reverberating noises with high pitched digital squeals and high-tempo beats and blends it with mellow indie vocals to create a whole new genre incorporating indie with chiptunes. They are also known for their innovative live performances featuring bright LCD's that flash different colours according to the note being played. They became an instant favourite of mine after listening to "Butterfly Kisses" and "By Sundown", both very reminiscent of the sounds contained in the arcade games I played as a kid, definitely worth a listen.

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame In Her Gentle Jaws isn't offered on their site for free anymore, thanks for this post.
    I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on Dream About Me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was quite disappointed as well. I'm definitely looking forward to their new album and I'll post it if i get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete